Making Progress

Since the last post about my weight, where I vowed to do something about it, I have made some progress.

I didn’t want to.

I knew why I wanted to change my lifestyle but putting that into motion was easier said than done.

Chocolate tasted so good.

And it really felt like all or nothing to me. I couldn’t just take a few bites and be done, or have one bag and call it a day. My shut off was broken.

But after seeing myself in the family pictures and being so disappointed in myself I knew I had to make changes.

family

So, I started moving more. A few more steps a day, getting up from my desk, walking on the treadmill for as long as I could, cleaning to music, any way I could get moving I did.

I got rid of the junk food. I bought fresh fruits and veggies, healthy snacks, and had quick, healthy snacks on hand for when I was hungry.

And I joined Weight Watchers with my mom, who is a lifetime member and knows all of the tricks. She’s a huge inspiration and my biggest supporter.

By joining Weight Watchers and dedicating myself to a lifestyle change I started to lose weight, enjoyed eating healthier and was able to recognize where I needed to make changes.

This week my goal is to eat more if you can believe it!

It’s not easy and I think about food… a lot but it’s worth it to know I’m making myself healthier.

So. any tips for my journey?

*I am not paid by Weight Watchers to promote their program I just really believe in it

3 Responses to Making Progress
  1. Jen
    March 3, 2015 | 5:27 pm

My tip is to focus on the small victories. You are already making those changes that will add up to big results over time – moving more, ditching the junk food for healthy snacks. Keep it up. You can do this.

March 4, 2015 | 10:23 am

I’m so proud of you!!!
    One day at a time!!

3. Jordan
    March 9, 2015 | 8:16 am

Always have healthy snacks on standby so you can choose them instead of a quick fix. Drink plenty of water. Post a picture of the body type you want on your fridge or in your snack cupboard so you are reminded of your goals, right when you need to be. Be positive, tell yourself you CAN do it and you WILL get there. Don’t accept anything less! I’m always here for support!

Trackback URL http://www.multitaskingmumma.com/2015/03/02/making-progress/trackback/

Making Progress

I didn’t want to.

Chocolate tasted so good.

family

This week my goal is to eat more if you can believe it!

So. any tips for my journey?

3 Responses to Making Progress